Senior Web Developer
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492895
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University’s Office of Information Services is embarking on the implementation of a new and exciting digital content delivery system, Episerver Digital Experience Platform. As a member of the web development team, you’ll build, implement and deploy websites and web applications using Visual Studio, ASP.NET MVC (C#), and MS SQL Server for Episerver DXP. You’ll work closely with Quinnipiac’s digital marketing team, digital agencies, and information technology professionals as your experience will help turn business and digital marketing requirements into web success stories.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Serve as a web development lead for entire development life cycle
- Develop websites, enhancements, and troubleshoot code issues for the upcoming Episerver DXP platform
- Write secure, optimized, documented, and easily digestible code
- Become an Episerver DXP technical resource by assisting the web development team in resolving technical issues
- Develop and maintain custom web applications for university departments
- Communicate with agency developers and project managers
- Serve as a back-up for other developer team members in their absence
- Provide IIS and SQL Server support as needed
- Be a strong team player with a strong commitment to the university
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 5-7 years of experience with the following:
- Developing integrations between disparate systems with XML and/or JSON
- Git repositories and continuous integration/delivery
- Developing secure web applications and addressing web application security issues
- Developing, implementing and customizing websites for the Episerver DXP platform is a plus
- Working in a MS Windows Server Environment that includes IIS and SQL Server
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility issues and resolutions
- Strong analytical skills for solving technical issues in the production environment
- Effective communication and organization skills, detail oriented
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend