Senior Web Developer
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492895
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Senior Web Developer. As a member of the web development team, you’ll build, implement and deploy websites and web applications utilizing Visual Studio, ASP.NET MVC (C#), and MS SQL Server on our forthcoming Digital Experience Platform, Episerver. You’ll learn about Episerver DXP alongside other IT developers and will work closely with Quinnipiac’s digital marketing team, digital agencies, and other dedicated and talented IT professionals. Your contributions will help turn business and digital marketing requirements into web success stories. Come be on the ground floor of this exciting opportunity!
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Serve as a web development lead for entire development life cycle
- Develop websites, enhancements, and troubleshoot code issues
- Write secure, optimized, documented, and easily digestible code
- Develop and maintain custom web applications for university departments
- Communicate with agency developers and project managers
- Serve as a back-up for other developer team members in their absence
- Be a strong team player with a strong commitment to the university
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 3-5 years of experience with the following:
- Developing integrations between disparate systems with XML and/or JSON
- Git repositories and continuous integration/delivery
- Developing secure web applications and addressing web application security issues
- Working in a MS Windows Server Environment that includes IIS and SQL Server
- Experience developing, implementing and customizing websites for the Episerver DXP platform is a PLUS, but not required
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility issues and resolutions
- Strong analytical skills for solving technical issues in the production environment
- Effective communication and organization skills, detail oriented
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend