Full-Time Clinical Faculty: Physician Assistant Studies
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492864
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||The Physician Assistant Department at Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Didactic Coordinator and Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Physician Assistant Studies. This is a full-time, 12-month faculty position. Reporting directly to the Director of Didactic Education, The successful candidate will be responsible for both curricular and administrative aspects of the didactic phase of the graduate program.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Teach at the graduate level based on department needs
- Engage in course coordination for the didactic phase of the graduate program
- Monitor student performance in the didactic year
- Advise/mentor students
- Assist in the development, review and evaluation of the graduate curriculum
- Oversight of the community service component of the department
- Participate in PA Department committees and university service
- Engage in scholarship and maintain clinical practice hours
Additional responsibilities include:
- Active involvement in the PA department admissions process
- Active participation in maintaining PA program accreditation
- Involvement and leadership in PA program community outreach programs
- Graduation from an accredited U.S. physician assistant program or medical school, with a minimum of an earned Master’s Degree, MD or DO degree
- A minimum of three years current clinical experience as a PA, MD or DO
- Proven clinical precepting and/or teaching experience
- Current NCCPA certification, or current specialty board certification for MD/DO
- Current, or eligibility for, unrestricted license as a PA, MD or DO in the State of
- Prior teaching experience in a medical school or physician assistant program is preferred. Faculty appointment will be based on qualifications, previous experience and prior faculty appointment
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A CV
- A concise statement of teaching philosophy and educational interests
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Inquiries may be directed to either the Department Chair or Program Director. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend