Assistant Director - Club Sports & Intramurals
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492856
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's Department of Athletics & Recreation has an exciting opening for an Assistant Director - Club Sports & Intramurals. In this role, you will report to the Associate Athletic Director - Club Sports & Intramurals and support the administration of the club sports and intramurals programs at Quinnipiac University. By coordinating and implementing a comprehensive club sports and intramurals program, you will deliver programming that promotes student engagement and supports the mission of the Department of Athletics & Recreation. This position requires the ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and Big East Conference rules and regulations
- Assist with the management of all club sports and intramural programs including, but not limited to, management of all teams, club officer mentorship, safety and emergency assessment, travel logistics, scheduling, risk management, organizational assessments and leadership development
- Assist in the oversight of several student leaders including club sports graduate assistants and intramural graduate assistants
- Assist with the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of work-study employees for club sports and intramurals
- Manage team budgets and ensure fiscal responsibility of club sports
- Develop training for club sports officers
- Assist with the execution of marketing and promotional materials for club sports
- Assist in the management of payroll and departmental budgets
- Work with club sports teams on community service initiatives
- Provide supervision at club sports games and practices as assigned
- Assist with Admissions events in recruiting students to Quinnipiac University
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 1-2 years of experience working with club sports and intramurals
- Valid driver's license required
- Knowledge of student development and ability to lead staff required
- Knowledge of basic safety and risk management as they relate to club sports and intramurals is preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend