Per Diem Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492779
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's Health & Wellness Center seeks applications for a Per Diem Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide comprehensive urgent and primary care to students with a wide range of chronic and acute illness under supervision of the medical director and director. In this position, you will work between campuses.
This Per Diem position requires availability for 1 weekend per month as a minimum; coverage from 10 AM to 4 PM.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Provide direct clinical care to the student community
- Perform physical and specialized examinations and manage common illnesses and injuries
- Collaborate with medical director, director, RN staff, counselors, and others in the care of student patients
- Perform role in a non-judgmental and non-discriminatory manner in accordance with policies
- Screen and brief intervention to address health risk reduction
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing and make therapeutic decisions including prescribing and or administering medications within the scope of state regulations
- Monitor student patient outcomes and initiate changes in treatment plan based on response and document in the health record in a timely manner
- Coordinate student patient care including referrals and collaborating with other treatment providers
- Comply with HIPAA, FERPA, federal, state and local regulations
- Participate in Student Health Services staff meetings and training programs
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings with counselors/psychiatrist
- Contribute to a positive, supportive, healthy and safe work environment
- Participate in activities within the Division of Student Affairs as appropriate
- Other duties as requested
- Master's degree as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- Licensed in the state of Connecticut as an APRN or PA with prescriptive privileges, including current DEA license
- CPR/AED certification
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in college health, primary care, family practice, urgent care, or in an ambulatory setting in a NP or PA role, with a focus on caring for the young adult/adult population
- Ability to work independently in clinical practice
- Strong interest and background in teaching
- Sensitivity to a diverse community and a demonstrated ability to provide culturally competent and sensitive medical services to a racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse population
- Experience with electronic medical record systems, office equipment, laboratory procedures, and word processing programs
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Exhibit excellent clinical and communication skills
This position requires a physical demands exam.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend