Assistant Coach, Women's Rugby
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492775
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Athletics Department seeks applications for an Assistant Coach, Women's Rugby to assist in program management including coaching, administration, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Women’s Rugby program.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Coach student-athletes during team practices as well as home and away contests
- Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned), scheduling, budget administration and team promotion
- Assist in the future development of Women’s Rugby alumni and community relations
- Assist the Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice planning
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and National Intercollegiate Rugby Association rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of rugby coaching experience (collegiate-level preferred) and/or collegiate playing experience
- Rugby skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend