Quinnipiac Poll Bi-Lingual Interviewers
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492539
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University invites applicants to apply for the position of bi-lingual (English/Spanish) telephone interviewers working from a state-of-the-art facility in Hamden, CT.
As part of a large and diverse team, Bilingual Interviewers conduct public opinion research making
outbound phone calls from a state of the art polling center at Quinnipiac University. Using a Computer
Assisted Telephone Interviewing system to conduct surveys on elections and public policy, interviewers
gather the views of people from around the country about issues in the news. A Bilingual Interviewer is
able to effectively conduct surveys in Spanish or English as required by the person answering the
phone.Qualities sought in a Bilingual Interviewer are: good communication skills, attention to detail,
and patience. Above all, a Bilingual Interviewer seeks to ensure excellence by upholding the standards
of the Quinnipiac University Poll, while acting as a representative of the Poll with English and Spanish
speaking respondents around the country.
Part-time work is available year round. Flexible evening and weekend hours.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Make outbound telephone calls from a state-of-the-art polling center located at Quinnipiac
- Use a Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing system (CATI) and a scripted questionnaire to
conduct telephone surveys to collect public opinion from people around the country on issues in
- Effectively conduct public opinion surveys in Spanish or English as required by the person
answering the phone.
- Fluency in speaking and reading both English and Spanish.
- Good general communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic computer skills.
- Be able to follow detailed instructions.
- Must be flexible in hours and availability.
- Possess a positive, friendly attitude while adapting to varied personality type.
- Be able to handle/manage rejection.
- Be timely and dependable.
- Ability to meet quality and quantity standards of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
- Able to work in a group setting with diverse population.
- Position requires on-site training and on-site work. Training will be provided and time attending training will be paid.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
This is a part-time position that is non-benefits eligible and requires evening hours and weekend
hours. Part time work is available year round. Flexible evening and weekend hours.
Hourly rate starting at $12.00.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend